Newstaff Employment Services are recruiting for a fully qualified Chartered Accountant to join a very successful family run accountancy practice, based in Welwyn Garden City.
The ideal applicant will have ambitions to become a practice principal in the firm.
- Working alongside the principals your duties will be varied. You will be responsible for Charity audits, preparing statutory year end accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships as well as corporate and personal tax.
- As you will be at a Senior level, you will be tasked with handling some of the more complex account jobs within the accounts department.
- You will be in charge of handling all the relevant corporation tax computations alongside some ad hoc VAT, management accounts and audit.
- This role will enable you to develop your general practice skill set and will naturally see you teach, review and mentor more junior members of the team where necessary.
- You will manage your own portfolio of clients and report straight to Principal level. You will also be involved with new business development and assist the Principals with bringing in new work for the firm in order to grow your client portfolio.
- You should ideally be a qualified accountant with at least three years post qualification experience working in a general accountancy practice.
- As the role will be client facing you should possess excellent communication and presentation skills as well having strong IT skills.
- It would be an advantage if you had RI status or are able to achieve this within 6 months
What you’ll get in return:
Along with a salary commensurate with post qualification experience, the firm offers clear career progression with practice principal potential.
Monday to Friday – Office hours are 9 am to 5 pm
Salary: Upwards of £65,000 pa++ negotiable depending on experience + benefits
Interested? Please call Anne Marie on 01727 864777 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org