Newstaff Employment Services are looking a experienced Highways Engineer – NRSWA Street Works Permitting officer required to process permits for Statutory undertaker and highway works based in Kingston Upon Thames and Sutton.
This role is about providing operational delivery of specialist highways and transport related services for Kingston and Sutton Council’s via the Shared Services Agreement in one of the teams within Shared Highways & Transport Service, listed below:
- Positively engages with, listens to and communicates effectively will all our customers and stakeholders
- Works with colleagues to deal effectively and tactfully with customer complaints and reports about issues concerning the public highway environment ensuring that all matters are investigated and dealt with in an appropriate manner
- Works to raise the profile of Highways & Transport and the services it provides
- Communicates clearly and appropriately with customers and colleagues.
- Listens to and seeks to understand the position and views of others
- Assesses the feasibility of projects and carries out the design, procurement, implementation and supervision of highway maintenance, drainage works, traffic management schemes and other associated works, within allocated budgets
- Investigates complaints regarding highways and transport issues and develops scheme proposals to resolve them
- Undertakes preliminary site surveys, taking various dimensions, logging street furniture, road markings and signs etc., to allow feasibility, consultation and ‘as built’ drawings to be prepared
- Undertakes accident analysis, identifies road safety issues and develops accident remedial measures to resolve them
- Prepares concept and detailed scheme designs and drawings, using computer aided methods where appropriate, estimates costs, obtains competitive quotations in line with the Councils Standing Orders, procurement and financial regulations and supervises works on site (both planned and responsive)
- Liaises with the emergency services, statutory undertakers, TfL, public transport operators, officers of this and other local authorities, members of the public and elected Members, for development of proposed schemes and works
- Writes reports and deals with correspondence relating to schemes
- Prepares preliminary and detailed estimates for works to be undertaken
- Undertakes measurement of works, checks contractors applications for payment and keeps appropriate records
£24.22 per hour
£48.44 per hour
Please only apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise. Please contact Andy Morgan at Newstaff Employment Services on 01727 864777.