Management Accountant – Outsourcing Department
Newstaff Employment Services are recruiting for a commercially minded Management Accountant to join a successful and growing accountancy practice.
Based in the Outsourcing department, the role reports into the Outsouricng Director and will be to provide a broad range of services to a diverse mix of clients across multiple industries.
• Support the Outsourcing Director in growing the firm’s outsourcing revenues and winning new business.
• As a senior member of the team provide support in managing the team including direct line manager responsibilities for some team members.
• Take ownership of managing software platforms we use and maintaining relationships with software vendors.
• Become a software champion in the team proactively exploring new opportunities and ensure we are optimising our use of existing platforms.
• Help implement standardised outsourcing processes and procedures across the firm.
• Take responsibility for a portfolio of clients, ensuring a high-quality service is provided. Typically, this will involve overseeing the monthly bookkeeping and month end process and producing the agreed management reporting. This may require a hands-on approach depending on the client and nature of services being provided.
• Deliver high quality management accounts ensuing an efficient and accurate month end process has been followed, providing insightful analysis and insight.
• Delivery of ad hoc project work for clients. This could relate to budgeting and forecasting, system and process reviews or any other modelling or review required.
• Review VAT returns prepared by the team with support as necessary from central VAT team.
• Help the team’s training and development needs are met, leading workshops and internal training sessions as appropriate.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA).
- Ideally 2+ years post qualified experience within a similar role in an accountancy practice but applicants from industry also welcome.
- •Good knowledge and experience of accounting software and applications (QuickBooks, Xero, Sage, Autoentry etc).
- •Excellent excel skills are essential.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday- Friday, flexi time with core hours being 10:00 to 16:30. They also have an agile working policy.
Salary: £50,000 pa + 23 days holiday pension, Life Assurance 4 x salary
Interested? Please call Anne Marie on 01727 864777 or email CV to email@example.com