Network Permit Officer
Newstaff Employment Services are looking for an experienced Network Permit Officer for their client in Horsham to plan, co-ordinate, monitor and inspect the streetwork activity of public utility companies, the County Council and other contractors, in order to ensure that all road works are carried out within the boundaries of a strict legal framework. Due to the specialist nature of the role experience in this field is required.
- We are looking for someone with experience of carrying out inspection work. As well as experience within a Highways based role, in order to understand the way in which roads are built and mended.
- You will work as part of the Network Management Team, whose function it is to ensure that all Streetwork activity is planned, inspected, processed and carried out in accordance with regulations.
- As a Network Permit Officer, you will provide technical and operational support within the Highway and Streetworks business area to ensure that the service operates and develops effectively for the benefit of our customers.
- The role will require analysis and interpretation of complex information in order to prepare reports, plans and a range of written material in order to deliver priorities and ensure activities within the service are conducted professionally.
- Dependant on your experience, you will contribute to planning projects which may include reviewing processes and working arrangements to ensure continuous improvement and business continuity.
- If successful, you will carry out analysis of data using Computer Aided Design (CAD) or Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and intelligent spreadsheet and reporting software in order to advise and inform the decision-making processes of the team.
- The role will require you to undertake site surveys and conduct monitoring tasks, as required to examine customer requests and technical proposals or obtain field-based evidence for licensing issues.
Experience and Skills
- You will be able to demonstrate a “can do” attitude, and a motivation to provide an excellent Highways service. You will be a strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively and work with customers and communities at all levels to solutions
- You will have excellent customer service skills, and a flexible approach, working at all times with integrity, openness and an awareness of others.You will need to be able to travel independently to various meeting venues, and to undertake site visits across the county. The role will involve occasional roadside visits, often in inclement weather, and the requirement to wear appropriate safety clothing and equipment.
- Experience in Traffic Management field or utilities field required.
- Experience in using Microsoft packages and specilised systems including CAD
Role is offered on inital 6 month contract,
Hours of work are 09.00-17.30pm Monday to Friday
Pay Rate: £11.96 per hour
If you have the right experience and are looking for a new role please contact Andy Morgan at Newstaff Employment Services on 01727 864777 or apply with a fully updated CV.