General Maintenance Labourer | Newtsaff Employment Agency | Watford, Hertfordshire
Newstaff Employment Agency St Albans is recruiting for a General Maintenance Person for our client based in Watford, Hertfordshire.
Working closely with the Senior Labourer and the Facilities Administrators, you will ensure that the property/premises are maintained to a high standard and to always ensure safe working practices.
You will also be expected to diversify your role such that you will assist with other general maintenance tasks.
The role will primarily be based at a Leavesden site but from time to time you may be required to work off-site. Main Duties • Monitor tasks ensuring the highest standards of work. • Monitor H&S compliance, such as correct PPE being worn.
This position is perfect for someone who is a general handyman and enjoys DIY maintenance work. This role is very hands-on.
• Reporting progress and updates via the two-way radio system.
• Carry out maintenance tasks including preventative maintenance routines as per departmental requirements.
• Ensure all maintenance activities and procedures adhere to applicable health and safety legislation, policies, and best practice guidelines.
• Set approved levels of conduct for work methodology within the team.
• Audit and review of all stock levels and report to the Senior Labourer any required orders.
• Carry out basic construction works. • Assist with receiving deliveries and stock management.
• Provide assistance and direction to contractors employed within the studio. Requirements
• Strong understanding of COSHH.
• Well organised and adapt to change on a day-to-day basis with good problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility to work outside normal working hours.
• Able to work unsupervised and keep to deadlines.
• Understand the requirement for a quick turnaround without compromising standards.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable working in cross-functional teams.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working on own initiative
• Work well under pressure. • Prepared to participate in other non-engineering business-related projects.
• A positive and helpful attitude towards Health & Safety, Welfare and safe systems of working.
• Be standards driven and detailed orientated. • Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous maintenance experience desirable.
• Qualifications in one or more trade in construction is desirable.
• Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Must hold a full UK driving license. Working Pattern You will be required to work a 40-hour week on a 6-week rota shift pattern.
Please send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org 01727 864777
Rate of pay £10.00-£14.00 per hour
Agency benefits at Newstaff:
- Weekly pay
- £50 refer a friend scheme (terms & conditions apply)
- Pension scheme (Optional)
- Accrued holiday
About Newstaff Employment Agency:
We had a very humble beginning here at Newstaff, starting out in a two-man office in the heart of Luton Town Centre in September 2006. Since then, the Newstaff team has grown to 25+ consultants and we have become one of the leading independent recruitment companies in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire. This has led to Newstaff supplying some of the country’s leading businesses across the country. Supplying Drivers, Industrial, Warehouse, Commercial and Engineering staff across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, & London, as well as offering a nationwide across all industries.