Sample Prep Assistant | Newstaff Employment Agency | Hemel Hempstead
Here at Newstaff Employment Agency St Albans, we are currently recruiting a Sample Prep Assistant for our client in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
Hours: 37.5 Monday to Friday. Hours between 9am-5pm
Job Purpose: To support the laboratory in receiving and scheduling samples into the laboratory and provide a facilities/laboratory support function
Role Accountabilities and Main Duties:
• To take receipt of samples collected by our internal fleet and third-party couriers
• Sort samples in accordance to the testing requirements into correct sections within the sample receipt fridge
• Receive/scan samples into the bespoke online system
• Contract review samples to ensure we can carry out the requested analysis
• Schedule the samples into the different laboratories and distribute the samples accordingly
• Manage the flow of Shelf Life samples by ensuring the samples are scheduled on the specified dates
• Prepare and send samples for subcontracting or transferring to other laboratories
• Liaise with the Laboratory to keep them informed of the workload coming throughout the day.
• To communicate any internal issues to the Customer Service Team as well as any issues with any samples received
• To liaise with all departments within the Company to develop and maintain effective relationships.
• To make a positive individual contribution to developing and maintaining department KPIs.
• Ensuring the sample receipt fridge and sample receipt area is clean and free of packaging material
• Provide assistance to the Laboratories as and when required in disposing of samples
• Ad-hoc duties as required and directed.
• Strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
• Impeccable written and verbal communication ability.
• Positive attitude towards change.
• Close attention to detail.
• Adaptable and flexible in their approach to work.
• Good IT skills (Microsoft-based products; Office 365, Excel and Word).
• Accurate data entry skills and highly numerate.
• Adaptability to use various in-house systems and processes.
Immediate start for the right candidate, please send cv to email@example.com or call 01727 864777
Agency benefits at Newstaff:
£50 refer a friend scheme (terms & conditions apply)
Pension scheme (Optional)
We had a very humble beginning here at Newstaff, starting out in a two-man office in the heart of Luton Town Centre in September 2006. Since then, the Newstaff team has grown to 25+ consultants and we have become one of the leading independent recruitment companies in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire. This has led to Newstaff supplying some of the country’s leading businesses across the country. Supplying Drivers, Industrial, Warehouse, Commercial and Engineering staff across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, & London, as well as offering a nationwide across all industries.