Prep assistant Hemel
Page 1 of 1
Sample Reception Assistant
37.5 Monday to Friday. Hours between 9am-5pm
To support the laboratory in receiving and scheduling samples into the laboratory and provide a facilities/laboratory support function
Role Accountabilities and Main Duties:
• To take receipt of samples collected by our internal fleet and third-party couriers
• Sort samples in accordance to the testing requirements into correct sections within the sample receipt fridge
• Receive / scan samples into the bespoke online system
• Contract review samples to ensure we can carry out the requested analysis
• Schedule the samples into the different laboratories and distribute the samples accordingly
• Manage the flow of Shelf Life samples by ensuring the samples are scheduled on the specified dates
• Prepare and send samples for subcontracting or transferring to other laboratories
• Liaise with the Laboratory to keep them informed of the workload coming throughout the day.
• To communicate any internal issues to the Customer Service Team as well as any issues with any samples received
• To liaise with all departments within the Company to develop and maintain effective relationships.
• To make a positive individual contribution to developing and maintaining department KPIs.
• Ensuring the sample receipt fridge and sample receipt area is clean and free of packaging material
• Provide assistance to the Laboratories as and when required in disposing of samples
• Ad-hoc duties as required and directed.
These duties are by no means exhaustive and should not be interpreted as a complete definition of the role.
• Strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
• Impeccable written and verbal communication ability.
• Positive attitude towards change.
• Close attention to detail.
• Adaptable and flexible in their approach to work.
• Good IT skills (Microsoft based products; Office 365, Excel and Word).
• Accurate data entry skills and highly numerate.
• Adaptabilit to use various in-house systems and processes.
Immediate start for the right candidate, please send cv to email@example.com call 01727 864777