Senior Building Manager
BUILDING MANAGER urgently requires for our client in Radlett. 40k per annum contact till December
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION To maintain and manage the Facilities at Radlett Department where a construction firm is currently working on a large production project.
The position will work in conjunction with the construction Projects Coordinator responsible for the works taking place by the construction teams however the position is primarily responsible for the safe running and management of the buildings. This position will be reporting into and working alongside construction managers
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES • To run and maintain the off-lot buildings on behalf of the Facilities Department. • To ensure that all UK legislation around building management is managed and maintained and that the building are fully compliant.
• To oversee and update a safe workplace environment for the two workshops in Radlett.
• To ensure that all building standards and operations expected by Facilities are met.
• To operate the buildings using the existing Facilities management CAFM software (Planon) in conjunction with the Facilities Administrators.
• Creation and management of property health and safety documents including risk and method statement creating, implementing and monitoring around property management.
• Responsible for ensuring all PPM’s pre-planned inspection’s, fire alarms, sprinkler testing, emergency lighting, heating & ventilation, are carried out with the approved Facilities contractors.
• Management of third part contractors carrying out works within the property regarding building management and maintenance. This includes, but is not limited to, contractor proposals, costs, contracts and agreements, site inductions, non-disclosure agreement records, working hours management, job completion, job sign off.
• Organise and attend regular update meetings with the senior management team and Stake Holders to discuss any building related issues. Management Systems (BMS) to manage, control and operate systems within the buildings.
• Ensure all drawings and records around building management are up to date and accessible.
• Arrange, monitor and oversee all emergency evacuation procedures.
• Permit issuing regarding building safety and management. • Management of all Life Safety critical alarm systems.
• Purchasing and ordering for facilities and property related activities. • Actively monitor Production activities ensuring there are no breaches to the building management systems and functions.
• Recording utility usage and reporting to the senior Management team
• Accident, injury or near miss reporting around building management (not including production related incidents unless they have an impact or potential impact to our buildings). • Record reporting
• General office admin • Review of what might cause undesirable incidents and what consequences these may have for the working environments and identify measures that form a basis for reducing risk.
• Follow up on reported accident’s where building property was a factor in the incident/accident.
• Liaise with other departments on any issues.
• COVID related responsibilities around building management.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED • Proven administrative skills
• Proven organisational skills. • Ability to multitask and prioritise. • Attention to detail.
• Experience of working with Microsoft Excel. • Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Good research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources. • Responsible and reliable. • Self-motivated with a positive and patient attitude. • Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS • Minimum 2 years’ experience of administration role in building management • Word/Excel reporting.
BEHAVIOURS • Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working on own initiative. • Ability to work independently. • Flexible and adaptable to the changing business needs. • Work well under pressure. • Hands on approach. • Commitment to “get the job done”
Please send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org call zoe on 01727 864777 interviews to be held this week and next.